Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
MIKE MCKEAN directs the Futures Lab, the experimental newsroom and technology testing center of the Reynolds Journalism Institute. He founded the School's Convergence Journalism program and serves on the MU Information Technology Committee. McKean is a leader in the School's partnerships with Apple, Inc., and Adobe Systems to transform journalism education through pervasive computing. He is a frequent trainer and guest lecturer at top media companies and universities in China, has helped establish convergence journalism programs at Shantou University and Moscow State University, and has conducted Internet workshops in the United States, the Russian Federation and Albania. McKean has been honored with the William T. Kemper Fellowship for Excellence in Teaching and the MU Faculty-Alumni Award. He earned a bachelor's degree at the Missouri School of Journalism in 1979 and a master of arts in political science from Rice University in 1985. McKean has served on the J-School faculty since 1986.