Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Thu October 18, 2012
43 new jobs coming to Holts Summit within the next few years
Pro Food Systems Inc. is planning to add 43 jobs within the next five years at its operation in Holts Summit. The new headquarters will have three components: a breading and blending facility, a logistics service center and print companies. The company said it will invest $6 million dollars into the new headquarters.
Missouri Department of Economic Development Spokesperson John Fougere said the Department used tax credits and other incentives to encourage Pro Food Systems into expansion.
“We want certainly long term Missouri businesses to be prospering and we want them to be boosting capital investments back into the state, we want them to be creating new jobs," Fougere said. "And if we can work them on incentive packages that helps them to do that, then we certainly want to be in a position to do just that.”
Pro Food Systems Inc. reported 59 employees this year with revenue reaching more than $25 million dollars. The company began in Willard, Mo. in 1999.