Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Thu November 17, 2011
An Ancient Mariner's Tales Of Adventure
A new work of fiction is populated by historical characters. Tales of the New World by Sabina Murray takes as its template the adventures of some of the greatest world explorers and uses their stories to investigate the known and unknown. Alan Cheuse, who teaches writing at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., has a review.