Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Thu April 11, 2013
Buddy Miller And Jim Lauderdale On World Cafe
Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale have contributed to roots music to an immeasurable degree throughout their careers. As songwriters and players, both solo and together, they've led bands, worked as sidemen and written great songs.
In this installment of World Cafe, Miller and Lauderdale tell the story of how they met back in 1980, and how that eventually led to the release of their first duets album, Buddy & Jim, which was recorded in Miller's living-room studio and released last year. They really do finish each other's sentences in this interview, which is spiced with their stellar full-band performances.