Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Fri June 22, 2012
Bukowsky drops out of District 47 race
Just 24 hours after she was nominated as the Republican candidate to the Missouri House representing the newly created District 47, Columbia, Mo. Defense Attorney Jennifer Bukowsky has decided to drop out of the race.
Columbia Defense Attorney Jennifer Bukowsky says her decision to drop out of the race for Republican nominee for the State House of Representatives for District 47 was based off personal matters.
“My kids are only 3 and 5," said Bukowky. "And, just they won’t always be this young. They won’t always be living with me, and I need to make sure I take the time to shape their futures and make sure they’re on the right path, and then I can worry about the path that our country is on.”
Bukowsky does not live in District 47. However, following redistricting, the Missouri Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that anyone could run in the individual districts even if the person did not live in that district.
Bukowsky says she is a good friend of the new Republican nominee Mike Zweifel and that she believes he’ll be a great candidate for the position. She also says she is considering running for the Republican nominee position again in the future.