Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Marketplace a success for Missouri
Wed October 19, 2011
Business Beat: October 19, 2011
This week: a Missouri auctioneer tries to prove his worth in the competitive business of auctioneering and a 106 year-old community sees the end of an institution.
Eiken’s Food Store & Hardware opened in 1905 in the small town of Taos, Mo. and will be closing its doors forever this Friday. KBIA’s Christine Wendel reports.
The World Auctioneering quarter-finals are underway and one auctioneer in the competition is from Missouri. KBIA’s Carah Hart tells us how one Missouri auctioneer is looking to find his niche in the competitive industry of auctioneering.