Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Thu July 12, 2012
United To Place Major Order With Boeing
Originally published on Thu July 12, 2012 11:21 am
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a giant deal for Boeing.
It's a big deal that would be worth billions of dollars for Boeing. United Airlines is set to buy about 100 of its planes - the single-aisle 737s. Boeing would still be behind Europe's Airbus when it comes to new orders for the next generation of narrow body jets.
Today's announcement on United's Boeing purchase has long been rumored. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.