Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Thu September 29, 2011
Capitol Hill Police Not Amused By Tweets From 'The Onion'
Originally published on Thu September 29, 2011 11:36 am
Officials at the U.S. Capitol Police don't find any of it funny.
"It has come to our attention that recent twitter feeds are reporting false information concerning current conditions at the U.S. Capitol. Conditions at the U.S. Capitol are currently normal," police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider tells local news outlets.
"There is no credibility to these stories or the twitter feeds. The U.S. Capitol Police are currently investigating the reporting," she adds, according to The Washington Post's The Crime Scene blog.
The tweets, which began with word of "screams and gunfire," haven't ceased since the police department expressed its concern.