Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Off the Clock
Fri September 30, 2011
The Citizen Jane episode
Filmmakers and filmgoers alike are flooding into Columbia for the 4th annual Citizen Jane Film Festival. We’ll check in with two of this year’s featured film-makers. And … it’s the season to be scary- and a darker sort of vampire has already landed in Columbia.
This year we’re getting an extra helping of vampires. The fourth movie in the Twilight Saga is coming to box offices this November, but a darker sort of vampire has already landed in Columbia.
KBIA’s Camille Phillips caught up with Columbia Entertainment Company in rehearsal for its production of Dracula the Musical … where Edward Cullen was nowhere to be found.
And … one of the Citzen Jane festival’s featured films this weekend is Southern Belle, a documentary that shadows teenage girls at an extraordinary camp in Columbia, Tennessee. Instead of canoe trips and s’more-making, this camp reenacts the experience of a 19th century girl’s school on the eve of secession in 1861.
KBIA’s Elizabeth Trovall sat down with the two filmmakers, Kathy Conkwright and Mary Makely.