Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Arts and Culture
Mon February 18, 2013
Civil War dig planned in central Missouri
An archeological survey is planned for a Civil War battleground site in central Missouri.
A survey is planned next month at the site where the Battle of Moore's Mill occurred in July 1862 in Callaway County, near what is now known as Calwood.
The Fulton Sun reports that the excavation is being funded by a grant from the American Battlefield Protection Program of the National Park Service.
The survey will be supervised by employees of Lindenwood University in St. Charles and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Faculty and students from Westminster College in Fulton also plan to participate.