Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Thu October 4, 2012
Cole County Commission commits funds to Columbia Regional Airport
The Cole County Commission voted 2-1 Tuesday to commit funds to an effort to bring a new airline to the Columbia Regional Airport.
Marc Ellinger is the presiding commissioner for the Cole County Commission.
He says the commission voted to give 100-thousand dollars to the escrow fund being used by a group attempting to bring a new airline to the local airport.
“We decided that this is something that was beneficial for Jefferson City, Cole County and the whole region and that it was a good idea for us to participate," Ellinger says.
Ellinger says the funds will provide the region with increased access to flights and economic development.
The Jefferson City Council also agreed to give 100-thousand dollars to the escrow fund last month.