Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Mon October 29, 2012
Cole McNary takes on Missouri's "big government"
KBIA’s Kristofor Husted interviews Missouri state Rep. Cole McNary, who is challenging Democratic incumbent, Clint Zweifel, for the state treasurer office in the November 6 election.
In the interview, McNary talks about how big government is a major problem for Missouri. He says he plans on restructuring and downsizing it from the state treasurer’s office. He discusses funding pensions fully again and working with legislators to find a solution that will work for the future health of pensions. McNary also says there is still room for improvement when it comes to funding college savings programs.