Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Thu September 27, 2012
Congressional candidate Teresa Hensley hosts Medicare for seniors forum
Fourth Congressional District Democrat candidate Teresa Hensley hosted a forum on Medicare for seniors in Columbia Wednesday. She focused primarily on her disapproval of Republican Vice President Candidate Paul Ryan’s Medicare budget, and the health care reform act. Hensley says privatizing Medicare is unrealistic for seniors.
“What we’re talking about is giving a senior a voucher for them to go find their own health care, to talk to their own insurance companies to find their own health insurance,” Hensley says.
After Hensley spoke, members of the audience asked questions regarding social security, and told personal stories of their need for Medicare.