Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Thu January 17, 2013
A conversation with columnist Mona Eltahawy
Last year, the University of Missouri School of Journalism gave eight individuals the Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism.
One of the eight is Mona Eltahawy, a columnist based in New York and an international public speaker on Arab and Muslim issues. Eltahawy has been named one of Newsweek Magazine’s “150 Fearless Women of 2012,” one of Time Magazine’s “People of the Year” and one of Arabian Business Magazine’s “100 Most Powerful Arab Women.”
She joined Global Journalist to talk about her work, and about the conditions in her home country, Egypt.
Note: This episode originally aired on October 25, 2012.