Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Thu October 11, 2012
A conversation with director Scott Thurman
There is nothing unusual about political fights over public school curricula and the content of textbooks. The textbooks can influence how people think about history and social issues, sometimes for decades or more. So, the battles take place around the United States, and they take place around the world.
But the Texas Board of Education took these culture wars to another level when members made highly controversial decisions on how evolution is taught in the classrooms. Director Scott Thurman focuses on this Texan drama in his new documentary, The Revisionaries. He joined Global Journalist to discuss his film.