Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Around the Nation
Thu November 17, 2011
Couple Celebrates 50 Years With Another Big Plunge
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fifty years after taking the plunge, a New Mexico couple celebrated by skydiving in tandem. Alan Dodd wanted to do something different to mark their golden anniversary. His wife Pat needed some convincing. She gave in because, as she told Albuquerque's KRQE-TV, retirement has given the couple time to do crazy things. Apparently their four children are still in shock, and Alan is trying to convince Pat to do it again on the 75th. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.