Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Views of the News: Covering gay pride at Fort Leonard Wood
Around the Nation
Tue April 17, 2012
Couple Charges Rental Property Is Haunted
Originally published on Tue April 17, 2012 6:07 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A couple in Tom's River, New Jersey say they need out of their rental property because it's already occupied - or possessed. Jose Chinchilla and Michele Callan say they hear strange noises and something tugs on their bed sheets. They sued the landlord to get their security deposit back. They even called in paranormal researchers, who found the house a little short of haunted. And the landlord countersued, saying the tenants just don't want to pay the rent. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.