Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Mon January 7, 2013
Development in downtown Columbia
Watch the show and join the conversation on the Intersection website.
As the Columbia City Council considers a halt on downtown demolitions, we explore the factors that are leading to the recent spate of new development, and take a look at the future of Columbia’s downtown area.
Brent Gardner, chairman of the Downtown Columbia Leadership Council and member of the historic preservation commission
Barbara Hoppe, Columbia City Council representative for the sixth ward
Craig van Matre, attorney representing several developers including the Odles, who built the Brookside student housing complexes in downtown Columbia.
Brandt Stiles, director of development for Collegiate Housing Partners, a St. Louis-based group seeking to build student housing on the Niedermeyer site in downtown Columbia (joining by phone)