Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Around the Nation
Thu March 15, 2012
'Downton Abbey' Actors Attend State Dinner
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. President Obama honored Britain's prime minister last night at an elegant state dinner. They dined at the White House with a hint of Downton Abbey. The patriarch of Downton Abbey was there, the earl of Grantham, played by Hugh Bonneville, and Elizabeth McGovern, who plays his American heiress wife. Bonneville noted that the special relationship enjoyed by the U.S. and Britain is, quote, symbolized in the show with me being married to an American. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.