Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Fri March 2, 2012
Dr. Dog On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon June 25, 2012 11:22 am
The Philadelphia pop-rock band Dr. Dog has continued to get better since forming in the early 2000s. The group's seven albums of layered psychedelia are deeply influenced by the best of '60s pop, adding up to a sound that's both timeless and classic.
Dr. Dog's new album, Be the Void, represents a return to rock 'n' roll roots for the quintet, and the result captures the urgency of its live shows. With its boisterous blues influences and psychedelic pop hooks, Be the Void showcases a band that continues to come into its own.
This segment originally aired on March 2, 2012.