Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Mon July 30, 2012
The drought and its impact
Watch the show and join the conversation on the Intersection website.
As drought conditions ravage much of the Midwest, we hear how farmers are being affected and discuss how they’re responding. Discussion includes perspective on the weather situation, as well as explanation of how well farmers might be covered by insurance.
Patrick Guinan, extension assistant professor, Atmospheric Science, University of Missouri
Raymond Massey, extension professor, Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Missouri
Steve Wright, vice president, Missouri Farmers Union
Lonny Duckworth, president, Missouri Cattlemen’s Association (joining the program by phone)