Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Thu October 18, 2012
Early game means early parade at MU
Missouri fans planning to attend the school's homecoming parade next weekend might want to bring some coffee.
The Southeastern Conference set an 11 a.m. kickoff for Missouri's Oct. 27 homecoming game against Kentucky. That means a 7 a.m. start for the annual downtown parade. The match of two teams winless in conference play will be televised nationally on ESPNU.
Missouri (3-4, 0-4 SEC) has a bye this week after a 42-10 loss to No. 1 Alabama. Kentucky (1-6, 0-4) hosts No. 13 Georgia on Saturday.
Missouri celebrated its 100th homecoming last year. The school had long touted its celebration as the nation's first campus homecoming but now acknowledges competing claims to that distinction.