Ernest Bramah's "The Tragedy at Brookbend Cottage"
Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre.
In this episode, we bring you "The Tragedy at Brookbend Cottage," adapted frmo a short story by Ernest Bramah.
Mr. Bramah put a different spin on the traditional detective stories by giving his protagonist, Max Carrodos, a disability -- and this was long before the TV show "Ironsides" was ever conceived.
Mr. Louis Carlyle, a friend of Max, runs his own private detection agency, and they often collaborate on cases.
As our story opens, Mr. Carlyle is introducing a stranger to the estimable detective.
- Max Carrodos: Charlie Wilkerson
- Louis Carlyle: Joe Bogue
- Mr. Hollyer: Chris Bowling
- Telegraph clerk, and Millicent Creake: Kellie (Kotraba) Moore
- Mr. Creake, all other male voices: Darren Hellwege
- Narrator: Byron Scott
- Script adaptation for radio: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Editing/production: Amy Humphrey
- Podcast publisher: Kellie (Kotraba) Moore
This podcast originally aired on Dec. 13, 2013.