Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Arts and Culture
Sat December 21, 2013
Ernest Bramah's "The Tragedy at Brookbend Cottage"
Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre.
In this episode, we bring you "The Tragedy at Brookbend Cottage," adapted frmo a short story by Ernest Bramah.
Mr. Bramah put a different spin on the traditional detective stories by giving his protagonist, Max Carrodos, a disability -- and this was long before the TV show "Ironsides" was ever conceived.
Mr. Louis Carlyle, a friend of Max, runs his own private detection agency, and they often collaborate on cases.
As our story opens, Mr. Carlyle is introducing a stranger to the estimable detective.
- Max Carrodos: Charlie Wilkerson
- Louis Carlyle: Joe Bogue
- Mr. Hollyer: Chris Bowling
- Telegraph clerk, and Millicent Creake: Kellie (Kotraba) Moore
- Mr. Creake, all other male voices: Darren Hellwege
- Narrator: Byron Scott
- Script adaptation for radio: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Editing/production: Amy Humphrey
- Podcast publisher: Kellie (Kotraba) Moore
This podcast originally aired on Dec. 13, 2013.