Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Tue January 3, 2012
Falling Crime Rates Challenge Long-Held Beliefs
Crime rates dropped sharply in the past twenty years, according to FBI data, a trend that continues despite the recession and a recent decrease in prison populations. Criminologists see a clear trend, but can't fully explain what's driving the decline in violent and property crime rates.