Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Wed July 25, 2012
Following the Arkansas River to track the drought
This week on the show: Harvest Public Media’s Frank Morris follows the river to show the impact of this year’s drought.
Drought has spread this week across a wide swath of the Country. But all along the Arkansas River drought has been torching crops, depressing tourism and threatening municipal water supplies for months. Reporting for Harvest Public Media, Frank Morris begins where the drought does, at the Arkansas’ headwaters, high in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, and follows river to its demise on sunbaked Kansas prairie.
Follow this link for more on this story from Harvest Public Media, including an interactive graphic showing the progress of this year’s drought.