Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Tue September 11, 2012
Food stamps making farm bill passage tough
This week on the show, a report on what’s holding up the farm bill; and regular contributor Terry Smith weighs in on the Democratic National Convention.
Farm groups are demanding a new farm bill from Congress. The current law expires at the end of the month. But an issue that goes beyond the farm is taking over the debate. The House and Senate are at odds over food stamps, and how much help the government can afford to give. Grant Gerlock of Harvest Public Media reports.
After hearing his take on the Republican National Convention last week, we’ll hear again from Terry Smith, who teaches political science at Columbia College and is a regular contributor to Talking Politics. This week: the DNC.
Follow the links below to see the stories from this week’s show.