Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Around the Nation
Wed September 12, 2012
Gettysburg's Electric Battle Map Up For Sale
Originally published on Wed September 12, 2012 8:28 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. This may be the closest you can ever get to owning your own Civil War battlefield. Generations of tourists saw a map at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - 29 feet on each side laid on the floor. This relief map features electric lights to show the battle. The Pittsburgh Post Gazette says after building a new visitor's center, the National Park Service is cautioning off the old map. Not one person has made an offer, though bidding started at $5. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.