Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Fri December 30, 2011
Governor Nixon selects new economic development director
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has selected the leader of a state-funded technology agency to become his third economic development director (AP).
Nixon made the announcement on Friday that he had picked Jason Hall to lead the state Department of Economic Development. Hall replaces David Kerr, who announced in November that he would step down at the end of the year.
Hall previously served as director for the state-funded Missouri Technology Corp. since 2009. The corporation's purpose is to promote economic development through technology in business.
"With his strong background at the MTC and his stellar academic record, I know Jason will bring energy, dedication and professionalism to his new position as director of the Missouri Department of Economic Development," Gov. Nixon said in a statement.
The appointment to lead the Economic Development Department will still need Senate confirmation.