Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Thu September 22, 2011
Hewlett-Packard Names Meg Whitman President And CEO
"We are fortunate to have someone of Meg Whitman's caliber and experience step up to lead HP," Ray Lane, who is now the executive chairman of the board of directors, said in a statement. "We are at a critical moment and we need renewed leadership to successfully implement our strategy and take advantage of the market opportunities ahead. Meg is a technology visionary with a proven track record of execution. She is a strong communicator who is customer focused with deep leadership capabilities. Furthermore, as a member of HP's board of directors for the past eight months, Meg has a solid understanding of our products and markets."
Whitman replaces Léo Apotheker, who HP said had decided to "step down."