Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Arts and Culture
Thu April 18, 2013
KBIA takes home four regional Murrow Awards
The Edward R. Murrow award is a yearly recognition presented by the Radio and Television Digital News Association for "outstanding achievements in electronic journalism."
KBIA competes each year against other small market stations in our region, and it's not unusual for us to win one or two each time. This year we took four awards in multiple categories:
- Continuing Coverage: Drought could edge livestock producers out of business by Abbie Fentress Swanson
- News Documentary: The end of a lead-laced era: polluting smelter to close after 120 years by Jacob Fenston
- Reporting: Hard News: Muslims in Joplin receive interfaith support after mosque fire by Kellie Kotraba
- Website: KBIA.org