Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Thu June 21, 2012
KBIA visits Auxvasse, Missouri
On this 4040 Project KBIA's Darren Hellwege takes us on a visit to the little town with friendly people and a name that's easy to bungle. Auxvasse is home to about 900 people, two convenience stores, one friendly bar and grill, and for Missy and her neighbors it's the love of those other people that makes Auxvasse a special place. For them, no matter how you pronounce it, they call it "home."
But, let's try to be respectful and get it right: it's "uh-VAWS."
This "audio postcard" is part of the 40/40 Project: KBIA is celebrating its 40th anniversary by visiting 40 different towns in Mid-Missouri. Find them all at The 40/40 Project.