Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Tue September 11, 2012
KBIA Visits Eldon, Missouri
We've heard it from folks in many small towns, "if you have trouble, your neighbors will be there to help you." This week on the 40/40 project, we meet a little boy who's had to learn the hard way how true that is. Gabriel Wilcox was born in February, and on the way home from the hospital, survived a car crash that took the lives of his entire family. Now being raised by his grandmother, Gabriel's gotten help from neighbors all over the Eldon region, as we hear as we talk with Angela Wilcox at an event to raise money for her grandson. It's really true what they say about Missourians, they help out their neighbors when need arises.
This "audio postcard" is part of the 40/40 Project: KBIA is celebrating its 40th anniversary by visiting 40 different towns in Mid-Missouri. Find them all at The 40/40 Project.