Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
The 40/40 Project
Wed March 21, 2012
KBIA visits Lohman
Small towns, people say, are school and church communities. Well, drive just 15 minutes into the countryside around Jefferson City and you'll find Lohman, a town too small to have its own school. As a matter of culture, or default, public life revolves around the local Lutheran church in Lohman. KBIA's Scott Pham visited that church and found a town with a strong sense of history in the face of major changes to its way of life.
This postcard from Lohman is part of the 40/40 Project: KBIA is celebrating its 40th anniversary by visiting 40 different towns in Mid-Missouri. Find them all at The 40/40 Project.