Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Tue September 11, 2012
KBIA Visits Osage Beach, Missouri
Summer visitors are the economic bread-and-butter for Osage Beach residents who work in businesses that cater to these tourists. The drought of 2012 coupled with an extended heat wave cut down the number of visitors who annually flock to the city's retail, entertainment and recreation destinations. KBIA's Trevor Harris visited with some Osage Beach residents who count on a healthy tourist trade to keep their establishments' doors open.
This "audio postcard" is part of the 40/40 Project: KBIA is celebrating its 40th anniversary by visiting 40 different towns in Mid-Missouri. Find them all at The 40/40 Project.