Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Around the Nation
Tue October 9, 2012
Kitten In Engine Survives Car Trip
Originally published on Tue October 9, 2012 10:25 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A man was driving Route 1 in Beltsville, Maryland when a strange noise started coming from his car. The sound came from the engine in the moving car and it sounded like meow. The driver did the same thing as when you find a cat up a tree. He called the fire department. Inside the engine the fireman found a kitten, which has been named Columbo in honor of Columbus Day and which went home with one of its rescuers to live its remaining eight lives. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.