Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Fri June 29, 2012
M. Ward On World Cafe
In recent years, indie-folk singer-songwriter M. Ward has dabbled in the retro pop sounds of She and Him with Zooey Deschanel and joined forces with Conor Oberst and Jim James in Monsters of Folk. But in April, Ward returned to his solo career with A Wasteland Companion, which brings his gentle voice and inventive instrumental palette to the forefront once again.
Ward recorded the album in eight different studios, with contributions from 18 different artists, yet his own patient sound holds strong. In this World Cafe session, Ward lets the songs speak for themselves, performing live selections from A Wasteland Companion for host David Dye.