Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Science, Health and Technology
Thu April 5, 2012
MU professor discusses symptoms of alcohol abuse
April 5 is National Alcohol Screening Day.
As part of the day, hospitals, clinics and colleges across the nation will offer free, anonymous testing for alcoholism. Ken Sher is a professor in MU’s Dept of Psychology. He studies alcohol use disorder, and discussed the risk factors for abuse, beginning with the symptoms.
This post aired as part of Under the Microscope, a weekly show on science and technology in mid-Missouri.