Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Wed June 6, 2012
Muppet's Elmo Campaigns To Carry Olympic Torch
Originally published on Thu June 14, 2012 11:07 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Eight thousand people will carry the Olympic torch before it reaches London to open the summer games, though one would-be torch barer isn't even human. He's a small red fuzzy monster.
KEVIN CLASH: (As Elmo) Elmo's ready to start training to be a monster torch-bearer. Yay. Oh, oh, Cramp, cramp.
MONTAGNE: That's a video out this week for Elmo's campaign, ElmOlympian. He hopes to become the first monster to carry the torch. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.