Newscast for January 10, 2012
By Scarlett Robertson • Jan 10, 2012
Regional news from the KBIA newsroom, including
- The guilty plea by Alyssa Bustamante in the killing of her 9-year-old neighbor included a chilling admission in court about how it happened.
- Two of the three Republican candidates running to challenge Senator Claire McCaskill in November squared off Tuesday in the first of what is sure to be several debates before the primary election.
- Relatives of a slain 9-year-old Missouri girl are disappointed by a plea agreement that cold allow her confessed killer to be released from prison someday.
- The ACLU of Eastern Missouri has filed suit against a statewide ballot initiative that would give St. Louis control of its police department.
- A Missouri Senate Committee is considering a bill designed to block Governor Jay Nixon or any agency under his authority from creating a health insurance exchange.
- Two of Missouri's top elected officials have starred in TV ads recently. But they didn't have to pay for them with campaign money.