Newscast for May 28, 2012
By Scarlett Robertson • May 28, 2012
Regional news from the KBIA newsroom, including:
- A fire at an apartment complex under construction in Columbia is estimated to have caused at least $7.5 million in damage
- The Missouri Department of Transportation has opted to cut back on mowing grass in order to save money.
- Conservation agents are urging Missourians to not transport firewood.
- Parents with students in the Columbia Public School District may have easier access to their children’s school records in the upcoming school year.
- The University of Missouri is starting a new online master's degree program aimed at taking the bullying out of coaching.
- An initiative of the M-U School of Journalism and the Reynolds Journalism Institute will study how long- form storytelling can contribute to new business models for journalism.