Regional news from the KBIA newsroom, including:
- Former MU football running back and co-captain Derrick Washington has been sentenced to 5 years in prison.
- Columbia Public Schools administrators will meet tonight to ask the Board of Education’s approval to build new gymnasiums at Hickman and Rock Bridge high schools.
- The St. Louis Cardinals have a new manager.
- Telephone utilities in 18 states in the south, west and midwest, will receive nearly $500 million dollars in USDA funds to build, expand and improve broadband in rural areas.
- Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder wants to suspend the wage requirements for workers rebuilding some government-financed homes after the Joplin tornado.
- The Columbia Regional Airport will be cutting their service beginning next month.