Newscast for November 9, 2011
By Leanne Butkovic • Nov 9, 2011
Regional news, including:
- Governor Jay Nixon visits bill signing ceremony for legislation promoting science and technology industries.
- Truman State University receives more Fulbright grants than all but two Master's institutions.
- Senator Claire McCaskill returns from her trip to Arlington National Cemetery with good news about the implementation of new grave site management.
- Douglass Park in Columbia starts a neighborhood association to foster the community.
- Governor Jay Nixon may be in trouble with the Department of Economic Development for taking former Missouri football player Jeff Gettys on his trips.
- Senator Roy Blunt expects a bill nixing 3 percent withholdings and adding tax credits for companies hiring veterans to pass.
- Medal of Honor recipient Salvatore Giunta spoke at Jesse Auditorium.