Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Tue January 22, 2013
Number of Lambert Airport passengers increases
The number of passengers traveling through Lambert Airport in St. Louis is on the rise.
Airport officials said Tuesday that Lambert served more than 12.7 million passengers in 2012. That included 6.4 million departing passengers and 6.3 million arriving passengers, both up a little more than 1 percent over 2011.
Lambert officials say 47 percent of passengers last year flew on Southwest Airlines, an increase of 2 percent over 2011. American Airlines was second with 16 percent of passengers, followed by Delta with 13 percent.
Lambert has about 250 departures each day.