Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Mon December 31, 2012
Officials stress caution on roads on New Year's Eve
The Columbia Public Works department says, based on local forecasts for winter weather, the department decided to start pre-treating roadways this morning.
In a press release, the department said it will be monitoring roadways and will call in additional crews if necessary, and asks drivers with New Years Eve plans to closely monitor conditions throughout the day. Meantime, the Missouri Department of Transportation has a live updated traveler information map on its website that shows road conditions throughout the state.