Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Tue February 21, 2012
Op-Ed: Va.'s Ultrasound Bill Is Unconstitutional
Virginia state legislators passed a bill requiring women to receive an ultrasound — which is conducted via transvaginal probe in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy — before having an abortion. Dahlia Lithwick, senior editor for Slate magazine, calls the proposed law "an abomination."