Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Mon June 17, 2013
Race Across America travels through Missouri
Bicyclists taking part in a cross-country race will be zooming across Missouri this week, and transportation officials hope motorists along the route will be extra cautious.
The annual Race Across America covers a 3,000-mile route from Oceanside, Calif., to Annapolis, Md.
Riders were expected to begin entering western Missouri this past Sunday, traveling via U.S. 54 to the Lake of the Ozarks area and Jefferson City.
The route continues east on Missouri 94 to Hermann and Missouri 100 to Washington, Mo. The final sections include several streets and highways in St. Charles County.
MoDOT is asking motorists to be especially careful around the cyclists, who are riding alone and in groups.