Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Under the Microscope
Fri July 27, 2012
Remembering Sally Ride
Former astronaut Sally Ride passed away on Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer.
In addition to being the first American woman in space, Ride was committed to getting young people interested in the STEM fields of science, math, engineering, and technology.
Linda Godwin is a professor in the MU Department of Physics and Astronomy. Godwin also was a former NASA astronaut and knew Ride. She spoke to KBIA’s Kris Husted.