Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Mon January 30, 2012
Republican Senate hopefuls square off in Branson
Two of Missouri's three Republican senatorial candidates are expected to meet in a debate in Branson.
U.S. Rep. Todd Akin and former state Treasurer Sarah Steelman both have committed to participate in Monday night's debate. The third candidate — St. Louis businessman John Brunner — is not planning to attend.
All three Republicans are seeking to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill in the November elections.
Monday's debate is to be held at the Branson High School Auditorium, which has room for several hundred people.