Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Views of the News: Covering gay pride at Fort Leonard Wood
Tue March 6, 2012
Rough Day On Wall Street; Dow Has Sharpest Drop Of Year
The stock market has been having a good year, so you might have been expecting some sort of a "correction."
Today may have been that day.
Pulled down by continued concern over Europe's economic woes and soft growth elsewhere in the world, the Dow Jones industrial average took its sharpest drop of any day so far this year — about 203 points, or roughly 1.6 percent.
The S&P 500 fell about the same percentage.