Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Thu November 1, 2012
The Rural Diner Project: what's on your political table? [video]
For our “Rural Diners” project this election year, KBIA visited some greasy spoons throughout our listening area looking for the answer to one, basic question: “What’s on the table?”
We weren’t asking about candidates, campaigns or talking points; we wanted to know what issues people in these rural areas really cared about, and how politics directly affects their lives. Of course, we didn’t just ask one question. We ended up having in-depth and insightful conversations with people who thought they were just coming in for their morning’s cup of coffee. We want to share those conversations with you through this project.
Look for more of these multimedia pieces before election day. In this installment, KBIA visited Broadway Diner in Columbia.
Look for "rural diners" on KBIA.org over the next few days as we visit greasy spoons around Missouri!